This is the first episode to be released first on YouTube, and early next week – on iTunes and Stitcher.
On this episode:
- Features of PTR 6.1 that interest me the most;
- How the podcast is doing so far;
- How do I feel about a jukebox being added to Garrisons?
- And a ton of related and hopefully amusing rambles, guys and girls.
Thanks for being here, and talk to you again soon.
It didn’t take a long time for me to decide that for a very new podcast with growing audience it only makes sense to utilise every available distribution channel, and the means of organic – not forced – self promotion.
I’ll speak about this more on the next episode (10) that’s due to be released in the next couple of days, but in summary:
I’ve expanded WoW Alt Podcast distribution model to YouTube, starting by packaging all of the existing podcast episodes as videos, and now slowly uploading those to my new YouTube channel (which still has a very ugly URL – hence shortened! – due to the current lack of subscribers), starting with most recent ones, and tracing back to the beginning of the show.
Soon all episodes will be on YouTube, with shiny new thumbnails, and the whole shebang you can expect from YouTube (except video feed! lol)
Hope you had (or still having) a lovely holiday, and slowly preparing to get back into the whirlwind of work – I’m certainly bracing myself here!
The new episode of the podcast is already showing as available for download if you’re subscribed to the podcast on iTunes (not via web interface yet, at the moment of writing this post, but via Podcasts App), and Stitcher will update soon – it always takes a little bit of its own sweet time, I have to say….
On this episode I’m talking about:
- It’s not that we don’t have enough content in-game per se, BUT it is arguably the nature of this content that makes it so draining, and contributing to burnout;
- “State of the game”, in the main areas of PvE, PvP, Garrisons, from WoW Community’s perspective, generously augmented by yours truly, representing all casual altoholics out there;
- My new approach to identifying the origin of my in-game burnout, and how to manage it;
- A bonus conspiracy theory around LFR loot;
- And more rambles on related topics, as always!
Tune in, and please support this blog and podcast by subscribing on iTunes or Stitcher: